Style postmodernism in the interior
The rejection of the stereotypical ideas of the classics, with the compatibility of all subjects among themselves – this is the main feature of the style of postmodernism. This style has the features of realism, although there is no clear logic in it. Bright colors, geometric shapes, ornament, contrast in the combination of textures and shapes, original designs, huge halls – all this is inherent.
Postmodernism is used in the design of salons, restaurants and cafes, clubs. It is also used in the repair of apartments in order to emphasize an eccentric lifestyle. These apartments are different non-standard approach in the planning of the interior, freedom and asymmetry.
Most often, the walls in this style make low-key, monotonous in order to emphasize the bright elements of the decor. Finishing material, you can choose any. Geometrical highlighted inserts and niches are appropriate. Airbrushing can decorate one of the walls.
Asymmetric, multi-level. It can be monophonic or multicolored. The main thing – do not make the ceiling too catchy.
The choice of flooring has no clear limitations. The only important thing is that the floor should have a careful ornament and texture. Carpet or kavrolin should be one tone with a geometric figure, or asymmetric.
Furniture can be jointly of various shapes, both strict and smooth, streamlined. Such material as leather, nickel and chrome is widely applied. Futuristic-style furniture can also be used. Furniture items should be an appropriate quantity.
Original statuettes can be used. Branched dried flowers, plants in pots of geometric shapes with a catchy ornament. Colorful glass and pillows. The number of items should not be too large.
1. The style of postmodernism is modern and bold, so before you choose it, you need to make sure that it suits you, to feel yourself in it.
2. In the color scheme it is worth adhering to a moderate background of soothing colors and a small number of catchy elements in one color solution.
3. The color scheme should not overwork you.
4. An important feature of postmodernism is the use of objects for unusual purposes.
5. Interior elements should be original, interesting and unusual. When using paintings, it is better to choose works in the style of cubism, abstractionism. Perfectly fit posters and posters.
6. Lighting should be rich and interesting. Large chandeliers with halogen bulbs and neon bulbs that add color.
A bit of postmodern style history
Postmodernism is a concept used to denote artistic tendencies of the twentieth century. They are characterized by the revision of such areas as modernism and the avant-garde. In postmodernism appears figurative, fantasy, artsy associations.
Postmodernism is a quick process of the development of art. On the one hand, it demonstrates the development of modernism, and on the other, it abandons it.
Features of postmodernism: bohemian, the inclusion of ready-made geometric shapes, the use of the old in an interesting perspective, irony.